Paddling clubs who have a current ACA Paddle America Club membership and adhere to ACA’s risk management requirements are eligible to participate in ACA’s insurance program. This program provides year-round general liability coverage to club members (who are also ACA members), event members, coaches, event organizers, and administrators arising from club-sponsored and adult-supervised on-water workshops, practices, training, instruction, and ACA sanctioned events as well as non-water activities such as approved fundraisers, banquets, and meetings.
For Clubs POC
For Prospective Paddle America Clubs
For prospective Paddle America Clubs: If your club would like to become a Paddle America Club and participate in ACA’s insurance Program, please:Read More
For Prospective Paddle America Clubs
For prospective Paddle America Clubs: If your club would like to become a Paddle America Club and participate in ACA’s insurance Program, please:
1. Review the ACA’s Paddle America Club Agreement and Insurance Procedures.
This document lists the requirements and procedures for participating in the PAC program. In addition, review the ACA’s Risk Management Requirements.
These eligibility requirements apply to every event (races, social events, classes) hosted by the Paddle America Club:
- The Club must conduct its activity in accordance with the ACA’s Risk Management Requirements.
- Every participant must sign an ACA Waiver prior to participation in an event or must have a current waiver on file with the ACA.
- Every event participant must be an ACA member in one of the following categories:
- A current, valid ACA annual individual membership.
- An Event Membership which costs $10 per person.
As part of this process, please submit the signed PAC Agreement along with the club’s $125 membership dues.
When submitting your signed PAC agreement, be sure to include the Contact Information Form, found in the PAC Agreement packet. This information is required for your certificate of insurance.
3. If your club needs to name a third party such as a landowner, event sponsor, or government agency as an “additional insured” under the policy, include the Request for Additional Insureds Form with your agreement, and we will provide an insurance certificate for the third party. The processing fee for an additional insured request is only $20.
Please note: We respectfully request that the Insurance Contact person for the club also join the ACA as an individual member, so that we have complete contact information for this individual.
ACA has partnered with Buddy to provide access to Accident Insurance coverage with AD&D (accidental death & dismemberment) underwritten by StarNet Insurance Company. Benefits help cover up to $50,000 in out-of-pocket costs, like deductibles and copays after an accident. See how it works. You can also view the schedule of benefits and covered injuries.
- Before & After Your Event
- PAC Forms and Resources
- Submit a schedule of your club’s activities to the ACA’s Insurance Coordinator using this electronic form. You may update your club’s schedule any time during the year, as long as the ACA’s Insurance Department receives notification by 4pm eastern time on the business day prior to the start of the activity.
- If your club requires a Certificate of Insurance for a specific activity or needs to name an additional insured, please submit a request at least 10 days prior to the start of the activity. Requests submitted fewer than 10 days prior to the event will incur a $25 rush fee.
- All fees collected at the event, such as Event Memberships.
- Final Event Report Form (can be submitted online or via email)
- If your club used the online SmartWaiver system, you do not need to submit waivers with your final event report form.
- If your club used paper liability waivers, please submit scanned copies of the signed ACA waivers with the event final report form.
- Note: Final Event Report Forms received more than 30 days after the completion of the insured event are subject to a $25 late reporting fee.
- 2021-2022 PAC Annual Agreement and Fee Schedule
To sign the agreement electronically, you must download and save the PDF file to your computer.
- ACA’s Risk Management Requirements
- PAC Annual Certificate of Insurance Request (Online)
- Notification of Events / Submit Your Event Schedule (Online / Excel)
- Online Event Calendar Request Form (Online)
- Final Event Report Form (Online / Excel)
- Incident / Accident Report Form
- Class III+ Whitewater Events: Special Insurance Registration Form
Before your first event
After your event
Within 30 days of the completion of the event, please submit: