06.09.22 – 06.12.22
Level 2: Essentials of SUP Instructor Certification workshop (IDW/ICE)
Downingtown, PA, USA
SUP Instructor Certification Workshop levels 1 & 2:
The ACA Instructor Certification Workshop (ICW) provides experienced paddlers with the basics of water safety and a solid framework of SUP skills and teaching techniques. This four-day program is a fast paced workshop designed to refine your skills & instructional techniques and familiarize you with the processes of the American Canoe Association. If you are currently an ACA instructor seeking and update you may attend the last 2 days of the workshop as an update.
Goals for this course include:
• -to become familiar with current educational theory as it applies to paddle instruction
• -to develop personal paddling skills
• -to develop teaching and coaching skills
• -to develop safe group management techniques
• -to become familiar with ACA procedures for certified instructors
Pre-requisites: Proficiency with basic skills outlined in ACA Instructor Criteria, ACA Annual Membership, First Aid & CPR certification, 18 years of age or older.
Call (609) 412-9966