Successful athletes learn, develop, and achieve physical, mental, and emotional fulfillment in the sport. The following recommendations are designed to help athletes achieve their goals and maximize their potential in paddlesports:
- Seek to develop physical literacy and sport skills every day. Use multi-sport activities and cross-training to help build physical, mental, and emotional capabilities, and achieve overall success and fulfillment.
- Focus more on paddling proficiency and skill development than on competition results and performance outcomes at the early stages of sport development.
- Paddle with friends, not just in training. Try other sports to stay active and establish creativity outside of structured training.
- Listen to your body and understand that rest and recovery are part of the sports development process.
- Set goals and gather feedback from coaches to help achieve those goals. Stay active year-round and use sport as an outlet for physical activity and exercise.