For Affiliates/Event Organizers
For Event Organizers/Affiliates
Event organizers who have a current ACA Affiliate Organization membership are eligible to participate in ACA’s insurance program. This program provides general liability coverage which protects event organizers and event participants from liability claims for bodily injury and property damage for properly registered on-water activities.
The insurance coverage for Affiliate Organizations is offered on an event-by-event basis. Please note: The ACA’s liability insurance policy does NOT cover off-water activities nor non-paddling activities or sports. Should you need additional coverage for non-paddling activities, please reach out to the ACA Insurance Coordinator for a referral.
Become an Affiliate Organization
If your organization would like to become an Affiliate Organization member and participate in ACA’s insurance Program, please:
1. Review the ACA’s Risk Management Requirements
These eligibility requirements apply to every event hosted by the Affiliate Organization member:
- The event organizer must sign and submit the Affiliate Organization Agreement.
- The event organizer must conduct the sanctioned event in accordance with the ACA’s Risk Management Requirements.
- Every participant must sign the ACA Waiver and Release of Liability form or ACA online waiver prior to participation in your event.
- Every participant must be an ACA member in one of the following categories:
- A current, valid ACA annual Individual Membership
- An Event Membership which costs $10 per person.
Please note: We respectfully request that the Insurance Contact person for the Affiliate Organization also join the ACA as an individual member, so that we have complete contact information for this individual.
3. Schedule your Event
To request insurance through the ACA General Liability Insurance Policy, Affiliate members must submit the Insurance Registration Form online.
Under the Affiliate Organization Insurance Program, each individual event requires a sanctioning fee of $20. An Insurance Registration Form received fewer than 10 business days prior to the start of the event is subject to a $25 rush fee. If your event needs to name a third party such as a landowner, sponsor, or government agency as an “additional insured” under the policy, fill out the Additional Insured portion of the Insurance Registration Form and we will provide an insurance certificate for the third party. The fee for each Additional Insured certificate of insurance is $20. All fees are non-refundable.
4. After your Event
Within 30 days of the completion of the event, the following must be submitted:
- All fees collected at the event, including Event Memberships.
- If your event used the online SmartWaiver system, you do not need to submit waivers with your final event report form.
- If your event used paper liability waivers, please submit copies of the signed ACA waivers. Scanned copies are acceptable, and must be submitted with the event final report form.
- Event Final Report Form (must be submitted online)
- Event Final Report Forms received more than 30 days after the completion of the insured event are subject to a $25 late reporting fee.
- Note: Events which remain unreported after 90 days will initiate a HOLD on all subsequent insured events, pending insurance requests, and all future insurance requests.
Affiliate Forms & Resources
- Affiliate Forms & Resources
- Online Waiver Administration Help
- When completing an Insurance Request Form for your event, select “Yes” when asked, “Do You Want a Custom Online Smartwaiver Link?”
- Identify up to five (5) event/organization leaders who wish to have access to the waiver administrative tool
- Required information for your selected leaders: First Name, Last Name, and Email Address
- Each of those five (5) individuals will receive an email directly from SmartWaiver which will include instructions on how to access the administrative tool
- The ACA Insurance Department will then send you an email with a direct link for you to share with your participants – this is a link unique to your event, and must be used in order to effectively use the administrative waiver review tool
- Online waivers signed outside of this unique link will NOT populate your administrative review screen.
Using the SmartWaiver system, event organizers now have the opportunity to review participant waivers signed online. To utilize this administrative tool: