The Competition Individual Annual Membership cost is $40.
This membership is for individuals who:
- Participate in local, regional, and national competitions as an athlete, official, judge or competition volunteer
- Would like to support paddlesports competition
- Are interested in receiving competition and discipline specific correspondence
All Competition Individual memberships expire annually on December 31st. We highly recommend that Competition Individual Members choose the auto-renewal option to prevent a membership lapse.
Competition members are required to electronically sign the Athlete Code of Conduct each year and to confirm that they are currently in compliance with the U.S. Center for Safe Sport’s education requirements.
In addition to the $40 Competition Individual Annual Membership, you must purchase an $80 Competition License if you are an athlete 18 years or older, official, coach, or volunteer who participates in a National or International competition in any ICF discipline (including any qualification or selection event leading to these competitions, ex. Team Trials)
Individuals purchasing a competition license also must comply with the U.S. Center for SafeSport education requirements and complete an NCSI background check every two years or as required by the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee.
Additional Benefits of purchasing a Competition License:
- Access to the ACA’s Competition Insurance program which includes:
- Additional liability protection via Sexual Abuse and Molestation coverage
- Participant Accident insurance coverage
- Ability to select athlete representatives to the:
- ACA’s Board of Directors and important board committees
- The U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee’s Athlete Advisory Council
- Other Governing Competition Committees
Primary & Secondary Competition Disciplines
As part of the join/renew process, Competition Individuals are asked to select their primary and secondary competition discipline. These selections help us to narrow our communications and send you more of the content that interests you most.
The response to the primary competition discipline question determines:
- The athlete’s discipline-level voting rights for discipline-specific positions
- For example – the Paracanoe representative to the Board of Directors is elected only by athletes who select Paracanoe as their primary discipline
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to purchase a Competition License to race in local and regional races?
You only need to purchase a Competition License to compete in team trials, nationals, or internationally.
- Do I have to purchase a Competition License if I am on a National Team in an ICF discipline that is not an Olympic discipline?
You need to purchase a Competition License to compete in team trials, nationals, or internationally even if your discipline is not an Olympic discipline (Sprint, Slalom, or Paracanoe).