Paddling clubs who have a current ACA Paddle America Club membership and adhere to ACA’s risk management requirements are eligible to participate in ACA’s insurance program. This program provides year-round general liability coverage to club members (who are also ACA members), event members, coaches, event organizers, and administrators arising from club-sponsored and adult-supervised on-water workshops, practices, training, instruction, and ACA sanctioned events as well as non-water activities such as approved fundraisers, banquets, and meetings.
For Prospective Paddle America Clubs
For prospective Paddle America Clubs: If your club would like to become a Paddle America Club and participate in ACA’s insurance Program, please:Read More
For Prospective Paddle America Clubs
For prospective Paddle America Clubs: If your club would like to become a Paddle America Club and participate in ACA’s insurance Program, please:
1. Review the ACA’s Paddle America Club Agreement and Insurance Procedures.
This document lists the requirements and procedures for participating in the PAC program. In addition, review the ACA’s Risk Management Requirements.
These eligibility requirements apply to every event (races, social events, classes) hosted by the Paddle America Club:
- The Club must conduct its activity in accordance with the ACA’s Risk Management Requirements.
- Every participant must sign an ACA Waiver prior to participation in an event or must have a current waiver on file with the ACA.
- Every event participant must be an ACA member in one of the following categories:
- A current, valid ACA annual individual membership
- An Event Membership which costs $10 per person
As part of this process, please submit the signed PAC Agreement along with the club’s membership dues payment.
When submitting your signed PAC Agreement, be sure to include the Contact Information Form; this information is required for your certificate of insurance.
3. If your club needs to name a third party such as a landowner, event sponsor, or government agency as an “additional insured” under the policy, include the Request for Additional Insureds Form with your agreement. The fee for an additional insured certificate is $20.
Please note: We respectfully request that the Insurance Contact person for the club also join the ACA as an individual member, so that we have complete contact information for this individual.
- Before & After Your Event
- PAC Forms and Resources
- Online Waiver Administration Help
- Ensure that all participants have signed an ACA Liability Waiver prior to participating in the event
- PACs are not required to submit annual event calendars/notifications of events nor submit individual event insurance requests EXCEPT in the case of events being held on Class III whitewater or above
- Requests for insurance coverage for events held on Class III Whitewater or Higher must be made using this electronic form at least 72 hours prior to the start of the event/activity.
- If you need assistance, please contact the ACA’s Insurance Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All event membership fees collected
- If your club used the online SmartWaiver system, you do not need to submit waivers with your final event report form.
- If your club used paper liability waivers, upload scanned copies of the signed ACA waivers with the event final report form.
- Note: Event Final Report Forms received more than 30 days after the completion of the insured event are subject to a $25 late reporting fee.
- To request event-specific online liability waivers for your event, please complete this form.
- Identify up to five (5) club/organization leaders who wish to have access to the annual waiver administrative tool.
- Required information for your selected organization leaders: First Name, Last Name, and Email Address
- Each of those five (5) individuals will receive an email directly from Smartwaiver which will include instructions on how to access the administrative tool.
- The ACA Insurance Department will then send you an email with a direct link for you to share with your club members – this is a link unique to your organization, and must be used in order to effectively use the administrative waiver review tool.
- Online waivers signed outside of this unique link will NOT populate your administrative review screen.
Before your event
After your event
*Events in which all participants were current ACA members, no reporting is required.
It is critically important for events in which non-ACA members participated, that the PAC submit an event final report within 30 days of the conclusion of the event, including:
Using the SmartWaiver system, clubs now have the opportunity to review all your club members’ signed annual waivers in one location. To utilize this new administrative tool: