06.18.23 – 06.19.23
Level 4 Whitewater Canoeing Instructor Certification Exam (ICE)
White Lake, MI, USA
This is a two-day course for current ACA Canoe Instructors who need to update at Level 3 or 4 to keep their instructor certification current. This course is also for Level 1-2 Instructors wanting to upgrade to Level 3 or 4. It is hosted by Rutabaga Outdoor Adventures, and will be facilitated by L4 Tandem and Solo Canoe Instructor Trainer, Jordan Taylor on the Wolf River, WI.
When training Instructors Jordan draws from experience training faculty at the Calleva River School (DC Area), National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS), Madawaska Canoe Center (Ontario) and the North Carolina Outward Bound School, as well as classroom teaching. His focus includes attention to skills and competencies around Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, a recent focus of the ACA, and around Teaching & Learning Theory in practice. Like any boater, he also just loves paddling.
ACA Instructor Updates are designed to:
- Refresh and add to the instructor’s teaching and paddling skills as well as update the instructor’s ACA Instructor certification.
- Provide current information regarding the curriculum, instructional programs, policies, certification requirements, insurance guidelines, reporting, etc.
- Serve as continuing education as well as review and verification of teaching and technical skills, group management, etc., along with providing a review of ACA administrative requirements.
- All participants must acknowledge personal compliance with the ACA Essential Eligibility Criteria (EEC)
- Be a current ACA instructor in good standing
Course fee: $425
For more information on Jordan visit: paddlesportinstitute.comRegistration
Contact Information Jordan Taylor