This is a two day course for current American Canoe Association L3-4 Kayak Instructors who need to update and keep their instructor certification current. Located at the Calleva River School and on the Potomac River near Washington DC.
This course will be facilitated by L4 Kayak Instructor Trainer Educator Jordan Taylor. When training Instructors Jordan draws from experience training faculty at the Calleva River School (DC Area), National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS), Madawaska Canoe Center (Ontario) and the North Carolina Outward Bound School, as well as classroom teaching. His focus includes attention to skills and competencies around Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, a recent focus of the ACA, and around Teaching & Learning Theory in practice. Like any boater, he also just loves paddling.
ACA Instructor Updates are designed to:
• Refresh and add to the instructor’s teaching and paddling skills as well as update the
instructor’s ACA Instructor certification.
• Provide current information regarding the curriculum, instructional programs,
policies, certification requirements, insurance guidelines, reporting, etc.
• Serve as continuing education as well as review and verification of teaching and
technical skills, group management, etc., along with providing a review of ACA
• All participants must acknowledge personal compliance with the ACA Essential
Eligibility Criteria (EEC)
• Be a current ACA instructor in good standing
For course content or certification questions, contact Jordan: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on Jordan visit paddlesportinstitute.com
Contact Information Jordan Taylor