The Sprint Coaches Association is an advisory body whose goal is to serve all ACA sprint canoe/kayak coaches, striving to represent all sprint canoe/kayak clubs. On issues that affect clubs, the SCA will organize votes open to every sprint club with the objective of giving representation and a voice. (Read our Constitution for more details.)
Mission of the Sprint Coaches Association
- Promote an environment in which all athletes and coaches are valued and respected in their efforts to support the growth of our sport;
- Encourage all member coaches to consider and discuss the subjects affecting them;
- Facilitate the exchange of information and ideas on matters affecting sprint coaches;
- Act as a formal body to provide coach’s input and recommendations to the ACA and its Sprint Competition Committee, and to be a formal body on issues that affect clubs and coaching;
- Provide the delivery of coaching education workshops and seminars, and other professional development for coaching sprint canoe/kayak;
- Identify new research work or best practices in connection with our sport and share this with the member coaches.
Join the SCA Communication’s Email List
Use this form to sign up to receive emails from the Sprint Coaches Association Google Group.
Want to make a proposal to the SCA?
If you are looking to make a proposal to the Sprint Coaches Association or would like something shared at one of our meetings, please complete the SCA Meeting Agenda Item Proposal form.
SCA Leadership for 2023
Chair: Kathleen McNamee
Vice Chair: Drew Story
Secretary: Christa Gall
Members at Large: Chris McManus and Andreea Ghizilla