|Years On Team||5 (since 2018)|
|Club||San Diego Canoe and Kayak|
|Schools/Work||San Diego State '25|
|Hobbies||Hiking, surfing, baking, spending time at the beach, traveling|
“Take life day by day and be grateful for the little things. Don’t get caught up on what you can’t control. Accept it and make the best of it.”
6 Things You Didn't Know about Nevin Harrison
- Nevin plans to major in kinesiology (athletic training) at San Diego State (SDS). Throughout her time at SDS, she plans to train at Mission Bay and Chula Vista.
- She has been speaking Spanish fluently since age five.
- Nevin lived in Kobe, Japan, for six months when she was eight.
- Nevin's father was a theater and opera director in Manhattan, New York, and then became a professor. Her mother was an actress and she now owns a private speech and language pathology clinic in Seattle, Washington.
- Nevin's older brother (by a year and a half) is an EMT that is planning to attend paramedic training school in the fall of 2021.
- Nevin was a 100 meter and 200 meter sprinter in middle school, but got a hip injury during her freshman year of high school. After this incident, she began canoeing more seriously.
Olympic Games2021: Olympic Champion Tokyo 2020
World Championships2019 World Championships: C-1 200m, world champion
U.S. Team Trials2021: Won U.S. team trials in the C-1 200m, will represent the U.S. in Tokyo
World Cups2020 Szeged World Cup: C-1 200m, gold medalist
Other Results2019 Pan American Games: C-1 200m, gold medalist
7.9.21Seattle teenage canoeist Nevin Harrison ready to realize Olympic dreams: ‘I am right where I want to be’
7.4.21Teen from Gig Harbor canoe club headed to Toyko