This is a two day course for current ACA Level 4: Canoe Instructors who need to update and keep their instructor certification current. The course location may shift depending on flow/release but will likely use the Tuckaseegee Gorge and French Broad Section 9.
This course is sponsored by the Calleva River School and will be facilitated by L4 Tandem and Solo Canoe Instructor Trainer Jordan Taylor. When training Instructors Jordan draws from experience training faculty at the Calleva River School (DC Area), National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS), Madawaska Canoe Center (Ontario) and the North Carolina Outward Bound School, as well as classroom teaching. His focus includes attention to skills and competencies around Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Teaching & Learning Theory in practice both of which have recently been added as Criteria in the ACA curricula. Like any boater, he also just loves paddling.
ACA Instructor Updates are designed to:
• Refresh and add to the instructor’s teaching and paddling skills as well as update the
instructor’s ACA Instructor certification.
• Provide current information regarding the curriculum, instructional programs,
policies, certification requirements, insurance guidelines, reporting, etc.
• Serve as continuing education as well as review and verification of teaching and
technical skills, group management, etc., along with providing a review of ACA
• All participants must acknowledge personal compliance with the ACA Essential
Eligibility Criteria (EEC)
• Be a current ACA instructor in good standing
Course cost $300. Credit Card payments incur a booking fee.Registration Link
Contact Information Jordan Taylor